Established Australian copper-gold producer and explorer Aeris Resources Limited (ASX: AIS) is pleased to provide an update on exploration activities at the Constellation deposit, located within the Company’s 100% owned Tritton tenement package in New South Wales.
- Phase 2 RC drilling program completed – 58 holes. Latest high grade copper assays include:
- TAKRC0381 – 18.4m @ 9.40% Cu, 0.87g/t Au, 4.4g/t Ag (from 53m)
- TAKRC0381 – 5.5m @ 6.85% Cu, 1.02g/t Au, 2.9g/t Ag (from 81.5m)
- TAKRC0391 – 17.9m @ 2.97% Cu, 0.77g/t Au, 4.1g/t Ag (from 94m)
- TAKRC0532 – 7m @ 3.59% Cu, 0.93g/t Au, 7.7g/t Ag (from 101m)
- TAKRC0602 – 9m @ 3.65% Cu, 1.14g/t Au, 6.4g/t Ag (from 97m).
- Oxide and supergene mineralised footprints expanded to 250m x 250m.
- Completion of 11 diamond holes testing strike extents to the deeper primary sulphide mineralisation. Assays include:
- TAKD0183 – 16.7m @ 2.99% Cu, 0.87g/t Au, 6.0g/t Ag (from 255.3m)
- TAKD0213 – 13.1m @ 2.77% Cu, 0.95g/t Au, 4.9g/t Ag (from 136.9m)
- Confirmed strike length between 250m to 300m.
- Previously reported 60m sulphide interval from TAKD0194 returned:
- 48.7m @ 2.56% Cu, 1.21g/t Au, 6.2g/t Ag (from 140.3m)
- 6m @ 2.53% Cu, 0.55g/t Au, 3.1g/t Ag (from 198m).
- Fast tracking development pathway – options studies commenced.
- Backlog of diamond drilling assays – RC assays prioritised.
(1) The reported assay interval combines previously reported RC assay results and new assay data from diamond tails.
(2) RC drill hole assay interval reported at a 0.25% Cu cut-off grade with a maximum of 3m dilution.
(3) Diamond drill hole assay interval reported at a 0.50% Cu cut-off grade with a maximum of 3m dilution.
(4) Refer to ASX Announcement “Constellation Update” dated 3 August 2021.
Aeris’ Executive Chairman, Andre Labuschagne, said
“The latest drill results continue to show that Constellation is a high grade copper deposit with some exceptionally high grade intersections reporting from the shallow supergene zone”.
“In the 10 months since the discovery hole at Constellation we have completed over 150 RC and diamond drill holes. The results from this drilling are compelling, with the mineralised extents and copper grade both significantly greater than initial expectations, and supporting our view that Constellation is a significant deposit.”
“The resource in-fill drilling campaign is now underway and as a sign of our confidence in the Constellation deposit we are fast tracking the development pathway by commencing various options studies in parallel.”