Established Australian copper-gold producer and explorer, Aeris Resources Limited (ASX: AIS) is pleased to provide an update on exploration activities at the Constellation deposit, located within the Company’s 100% owned Tritton tenement package in New South Wales.
- High grade copper assays returned from the diamond drilling program within the deeper primary (sulphide) copper domain:
- TAKD0221 – 17.9m @ 3.21% Cu, 5.7g/t Ag (from 230.0m)
- TAKD0232 – 4.95m @ 3.06% Cu, 0.71g/t Au, 3.2g/t Ag (from 358.2m)
- Assays returned for a further 43 holes from the Phase 2 RC drill program, including intersections with shallow primary (sulphide) mineralisation. High grade copper assays returned include:
- TAKRC0833 – 46m @ 2.48% Cu, 0.54g/t Au, 3.2g/t Ag (from 8m) – oxide
- TAKRC0654 – 7m @ 2.64% Cu, 2.30g/t Au, 10.4g/t Ag (from 74m) – primary
- TAKRC0634 – 15m @ 2.16% Cu, 1.21g/t Au, 6.5g/t Ag (from 92m) – primary
- TAKRC0674 – 7m @ 1.62% Cu, 3.86g/t Au, 15.4g/t Ag (from 64m) – primary
- TAKRC0674 – 2m @ 3.36% Cu, 4.14g/t Au, 16.0g/t Ag (from 76m) – primary
- Completion of a further 11 diamond holes testing strike extents to the deeper primary sulphide mineralisation increases strike length to 300m.
- Geotechnical and metallurgical drill programs underway.
Aeris’ Executive Chairman, Andre Labuschagne, said
“The drilling results at Constellation continue to surprise on the upside with the latest assay results from the RC program including shallow sulphide mineralisation with high copper grades. Additionally, the diamond drilling program into the deeper sulphide mineralisation
has now extended the strike extent to 300m.”
“The deposit is now clearly evolving into zones of oxide, supergene and primary (sulphide) copper mineralisation, and within each of these zones there are areas with high copper and/or gold enrichment. We are now progressing geotechnical and metallurgical work on each of these forms of mineralisation.”
“The assays from the RC program are being prioritised over those from the diamond drilling program. This will enable us to bring forward the Mineral Resource estimates for the supergene and oxide sections of the ore body to December 2021 – January 2022. The maiden Mineral Resource for the sulphide mineralisation is still targeted by end of March 2022.”
“Importantly, we already have processing pathways in place for oxide, supergene and the sulphide mineralisation, reducing both time and capital to potential first production.”