- Widespread, near surface lithium results intersected in the maiden drill program at the Burro Creek project, Nevada USA, including:
- Hole BCRC18-01 – 22.9 metres @ 1088ppm lithium and 2.94% potassium from 4.68m depth, and 9.1 metres @ 1325ppm lithium and 3.04% potassium from 33.5 metres depth;
- Hole BCRC18-04 – 19.8 metres @ 1180ppm lithium and 2.23% potassium from 21.3 metres depth; and
- Hole BCRC18-14 – 24.4 metres @ 1361ppm lithium and 3.23% potassium from 19.8m depth.
- Drilling to date has tested only 1/4 of the total project area that has recently been expanded by staking new claims to the west; Mapping and sampling in the newly staked western claim area has returned further widespread, high-grade lithium clays at surface with two new areas identified each equal in size to the zone of lithium mineralisation discovered in the current drill program; and
- Data compilation, interpretation and geological modelling in progress leading to a maiden mineral resource estimate.
Zenith Minerals Limited (“Zenith” or “the Company”) is very pleased to advise that widespread, near surface lithium has been intersected in drilling at the Burro Creek lithium project in Arizona USA, part of the American Lithium joint venture with Bradda Head Limited (Figure 1). The key aim of the program to obtain sufficient technical information on the lithium clays to allow for an initial mineral resource estimate to be calculated has been met with an estimate expected to be completed early next calendar quarter.
The Burro Creek lithium clay project is located in central western Arizona, USA within an active mining district, Freeport McMoRan’s operating Bagdad porphyry copper mine is located 10km from the Burro Creek project. The Burro Creek project is subject to an exclusive option to purchase as detailed in Zenith’s ASX Release 10th November 2016.
Assay results from the maiden drill program at Burro Creek show that the highergrade portion of the lithium bearing clay zone is a near surface, flat lying horizon extending over 900m by 400m within the eastern project state leases.