Advanced Australian lithium developer, Core Lithium Ltd (Core or Company) (ASX: CXO), is pleased to provide an exploration and drilling update from the Finniss Lithium Project near Darwin in the Northern Territory. Core’s recent exploration and Mineral Resource drilling has intersected lithium-rich spodumene pegmatite at a number of prospects.
- High grade spodumene mineralisation intersected in multiple drill holes in exploration drilling at the Finniss Lithium Project.
- Assays from reverse circulation (RC) drilling at Ah Hoy, Far West and regional targets received.
- Lithium drill assay results from Ah Hoy demonstrate continuity of thickness and grade and are comparable with early-stage drill results from Carlton. These include:
- 11m @ 1.42% Li2O in SRC053
- 19m @ 1.21% Li2O in SRC054
- 14m @ 1.37% Li2O in SRC055
- 11m @ 1.28% Li2O in SRC056.
- New drill results from Far-West also include:
- 13m @ 1.01% Li2O in NRC161
- 6m @ 1.79% Li2O in NRC163
- 11m @ 1.23% Li2O in FRC232
- 7m @ 1.24% Li2O in FRC233.
- Further Finniss lithium exploration and resource drilling updates over coming weeks and into 2022 as results are received from over 4,000 laboratory assays.
During the current drilling season, Core’s exploration team has focused on Mineral Resource growth and conversion, as well as regional exploration, to extend mine life and lay the foundation for production expansion within the broader Finniss Lithium Project.
This update provides the results from drill assays received for the more advanced prospects of Ah Hoy and Far West as well as for some of the first pass regional exploration targets.
Core will update the market with significant drill results and Mineral Resource growth progress as results continue to arrive over coming weeks and months.