Western Australian gold explorer BMG Resources Limited (ASX: BMG) has provided an update on drilling programs at the company’s 100% owned Abercromby gold project in the north-eastern goldfields of WA. Diamond drilling at the Capital prospect is rapidly progressing, and results from the regional aircore program are expected shortly.
- 3,700m diamond drill (DD) program in full swing at BMG’s Abercromby Gold Project, two holes substantially complete
- Drill hole 22ABDD006 (redrill of incomplete hole 21ABDD004) completed to target depth of 664.7m
- Drill hole 22ABDD008 almost complete, currently 560m of planned 650m
- Visual inspection of the core indicates both holes contain shearing with quartz veining and alteration corresponding with expected lodes positions
- Advancing towards a resource estimate with DD focused on infill and extensional drilling of the greater Capital prospect
- Regional aircore drill program in the southern prospects at Abercromby complete, assay results expected in July
- Update on sale of Treasure development interest, Cyprus
BMG Managing Director Bruce McCracken said,
“Our systematic drilling is demonstrating strong potential to further expand the mineralised envelope at the Capital Prospect as we progress towards a maiden resource for Abercromby.
“Diamond drilling at Abercromby continues 24/7, with encouraging early geological observations from two completed holes indicating that prospective alteration has been intersected in the predicted extensions of the East and West gold lodes.
“The air-core drilling testing large regional gold anomalies to the south has now been completed. Assays are expected this month, and the Company is excited by the opportunity to make a new discovery in this underexplored area of our tenure.
“We look forward to updating investors as our drilling progress continues and results come to hand.”