Well-funded gold development and exploration company Gold Road Resources (ASX: GOR) has decided to adopt a December 31-end financial year, to replace the hitherto June 30 balance date. The change, first flagged in April, will align Gold Road’s reporting schedule with that of Gruyere joint venture partner Gold Fields as well as South Yamarna exploration partner Sumitomo Metal Mining, which both use the calendar year as their financial year.
Gold Road Resources Limited ACN 109 289 527’s (Gold Road or the Company) (ASX:GOR) Board of Directors have resolved to change the Company’s financial year end date from 30 June to 31 December in accordance with section 323D(2A) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Refer to ASX release 27 April 2017. Previously, the Company’s financial year commenced on 1 July and ended on 30 June.
The Company confirms that:
- the Company’s previous financial year ended on 30 June 2017;
- the Company will have a 6 month transitional financial period beginning 1 July 2017 and ending on 31 December 2017; and
- thereafter, the Company will revert to a 12 month financial year commencing on 1 January and ending on 31 December.
The change in the financial year requires the Company to, in respect of the transitional financial year:
- lodge an annual report, including the Financial Statements, by 29 March 2018; and
- hold an Annual General Meeting by 31 May 2018. The Company will advise the actual date of the Annual General Meeting in due course