Gold Road Resources (ASX: GOR) has provided an update on an exploration drilling campaign at its Yamarna tenements. Diamond and RC drilling continues to deliver high-grade bedrock intersections improving the understanding of the geological framework of the belt, while aircore drilling continues to generate new gold anomalies along the strike of the belt.
Well‐funded mid‐tier gold development and exploration company, Gold Road Resources Limited (Gold Road or the Company) provides the following update on the 2017 greenfields exploration drilling campaign 1 on the Yamarna tenements (Figure 1). The Yamarna tenements comprise North Yamarna (100% Gold Road), South Yamarna Joint Venture (South Yamarna JV) a 50:50 joint venture with Sumitomo Metal Mining Oceania Pty Limited (Sumitomo), and the Gruyere Project Joint Venture (Gruyere JV) a 50:50 joint venture with Gold Fields Limited (Gold Fields).
- Diamond and RC drilling continues to deliver high‐grade bedrock intersections improving the understanding of the geological framework of the belt
- Aircore drilling continued to generate new gold anomalies along the strike of the belt
- Bedrock mineralisation intersected includes:
- North Yamarna ‐ Gilmour‐Morello 5 metres at 12.52 g/t Au from 143 metres (17WDRC0057) 2 and Satriani 12 metres at 1.17 g/t Au from 60 metres (17WDRC0090) within the 12 kilometre Wanderrie Supergroup Trend
- Gruyere JV ‐ Montagne 8.5 metres at 15.38 g/t Au from 56 metres (17ALDD0011) and 22 metres at 1.93 g/t Au from 8 metres (17ALRC0212) within the Attila‐Alaric Trend
- South Yamarna JV ‐ Yaffler South 2 metres at 2.10 g/t Au from 152 metres (17SYRC0122)
- Anomalies generated include:
- North Yamarna ‐ Stratocaster 12 metres at 0.19 g/t Au (17CWAC0357) within a 3.5 kilometre anomaly at 0.1 g/t Au cut‐off. Stock Route with a best intercept of 3 metres at 0.60 g/t Au (17SRAC0144) within a 1.5 kilometre anomaly at 0.1 g/t Au cut‐off
- South Yamarna JV ‐ Kingston North 12 metres at 1.60 g/t Au from 60 metres including 4 metres at 4.63 g/t Au from 60 metres (17SYAC1183) within a 1 kilometre anomaly at 0.1 g/t Au cut‐off
Gold Road Executive Director ‐ Exploration & Growth Justin Osborne said: “We have closed out the year with another round of significant results from both our bedrock drilling and aircore programmes, generating momentum for the 2018 drill campaign on a number of new gold targets. The Gold Road exploration team has had a very successful year in completing our planned programmes on budget and delivering results that give us confidence in our targeting practices and exploration methodologies. We are looking forward to a drilling break over the summer period to collate the results of this year’s work to reassess and reaffirm the priorities for 2018.”
 ASX announcement dated 22 February 2017
 Refer Tables in Appendices 1 to 3 for individual grades >10 g/t Au (all intersections reported uncut)