Base Resources - Record Production in June Quarter
Base Resources (ASX:BSE) has announced record sales volumes for the June quarter, improving on the previous record set in March. Improved throughput and increased recovery of zircon contributed to the result. Base has also provided strong guidance for the FY17 year, with production continuing to grow from FY16 levels.
Record sales volumes achieved for ilmenite and rutile, reflecting the continuing improvement in TiO2 feedstock markets.
Price increase secured for September quarter ilmenite sales.
Strong production result with record, or near record volumes in all products, driven by:
- Achievement of 78% recovery for zircon for the quarter and 80% in June such that recoveries of all products now exceed design targets.
- An increase in Mineral Separation Plant (“MSP”) throughput to 88tph for the quarter and 89tph in June.
No lost time injuries.
Production guidance for financial year 2017:
- Rutile - 88,000 to 95,000 tonnes
- Ilmenite – 450,000 to 480,000 tonnes
- Zircon – 35,000 to 40,000 tonnes
Exploration tenure granted over significant land area covering previously identified targets surrounding the Kwale Operations.