Cardinal Resources intercepts high-grade shallow gold at Ndongo East
Cardinal Resources Limited (ASX/TSX: CDV) has announced further intersections of high‐grade, shallow gold mineralisation at the Ndongo East deposit. The Ndongo Prospecting License is located only 24km north of the Company’s Namdini Gold Project for which Cardinal declared a Maiden Probable Ore Reserve of 4.76Moz on the 18 September 2018.
Cardinal Resources Limited (ASX/TSX: CDV) has announced further intersections of high‐grade, shallow gold mineralisation at the Ndongo East deposit.
Importantly, the Ndongo Prospecting License is located only 24km north of the Company’s Namdini Gold Project for which Cardinal declared a Maiden Probable Ore Reserve of 4.76Moz on the 18 September 2018.
· Today’s high‐grade gold intersections from Ndongo East include:
· 8.3m @ 11.3 g/t Au from 75.7m in NDDD059
· 5.2m @ 4.5 g/t Au from 60m in NDDD061
· 6.3m @ 2.8 g/t Au from 58.2m in NDDD058
· Previous high‐grade gold intersections from Ndongo East included:
· 14m @ 7.0 g/t Au from 69m in NDDD046*
· 9m @ 23.3 g/t Au from 60m in NDRC248*
· 7m @ 4.4 g/t Au from 14m in NDRC216*
· 6m @ 12.6 g/t Au from 2m in NDRC275*
· 3m @ 29.3 g/t Au from 45m in NDDD036*
· Drilling has encountered multiple intercepts of near‐surface mineralisation;
· Drilling is ongoing and will continue to evaluate the open strike and depth extension of the Ndongo East mineralised system;
· Additional parallel mineralised structures striking NE‐SW remain to be evaluated by drilling and provide high priority drill targets;
· Infill auger drilling and geophysical surveys to commence in April over the Ndongo East deposit and its southern extension ~7km strike length to define the scope and scale of this structurally controlled mineralisation shear system.
On 16 July and 29 August 2018, as well as on 23 January 2019, Cardinal reported numerousintersections of high‐ grade gold at its Ndongo East deposit within the Ndongo Prospecting License and has now intersected further high‐grade gold during a recently completed diamond drilling program.
The Company plans to steadily ramp up exploration at Ndongo East after evaluating further drill core and assay results which determine the strike and depth extents of the mineralised system as well as the structural components of the various lithological units.
Cardinal’s Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Archie Koimtsidis, stated: “These latest shallow high-grade results have further enhanced our confidence in the Ndongo East gold deposit and how it is evolving.
“The Ndongo East discovery is particularly encouraging with the strike length of 450m, comprising higher grade, shallow gold mineralisation still open along strike and at depth.
“Beyond this initial mineralised zone, a further 750m of gold mineralisation has been intersected along strike towards the south west.
“The Ndongo East prospect lies within a larger target area of ~7km in length that has yet to be fully explored. Planning is underway for a Gradient Array IP survey and auger soil drilling programme which will commence in April to evaluate this larger area which could generate further drill targets.”
*Refer to press releases dated 16 July 2018, 29 August 2018 and 23 January 2019 on Ndongo East