Golden Rim commences major drilling program at Kouri
Emerging West African gold developer, Golden Rim Resources Ltd (ASX: GMR) has kicked off a massive drilling program at its Kouri gold project in Burkina Faso. The program incorporates a 17,000m reverse circulation and a 4,000m diamond drilling operation.
Emerging West African gold developer, Golden Rim Resources Ltd (ASX: GMR) has announced a 17,000m reverse circulation drilling and a 4,000m diamond drilling program has commenced at its 100% owned Kouri Gold Project in Burkina Faso.
The drilling is being conducted by Capital Drilling Limited (Capital Drilling) using a multi-purpose rig. Holes range in depth from 80m – 200m (average depth 120m). It is expected that the bulk of the RC drilling will be conducted over the next few months, followed by the diamond drilling during the rainy season (July to August 2019), allowing for drilling to continue unabated.
The drilling is planned to initially target the following areas:
1. The Footwall Shear to follow-up the recent high-grade drill intersections of 4m at 44.7g/t gold, including 2m at 89.5g/t gold (BARC327) and 3m at 8.4g/t gold (BARC278), which lie 300m apart and are open along strike and at depth (Figure 1).
2. A zone of strong quartz veining that extends for at least 500m to the west of the intercept of 4m at 44.7g/t gold in the Footwall Shear and which is exposed in historical pitting and trenching.
3. A zone of sparsely drilled higher grade gold mineralisation, associated with an east-west trending Induced Polarisation chargeability high anomaly (interpreted to be related to a cross-cutting structure) within the southern portion of the Mineral Resource, where a previous drill hole returned 3m at 20.8g/t gold, including 1m at 61.7g/t gold, and 8m at 3.6g/t gold, including 1m at 11.8g/t gold (BARC284).
4. The strike extent of the gold lodes that comprise the 1.4Moz Mineral Resource into the Goueli and Margou permits, following completion of the permit acquisition.
5. Targets at Red Hill to follow-up recent intersections of 10m at 4.1g/t gold (NKRC054) and 11m at 3.4g/t gold (NKRC030).
Golden Rim’s Managing Director, Craig Mackay, said: “This is a very significant drilling program for Golden Rim. Our objective is to expand the current 1.4Moz gold Mineral Resource at Kouri and upgrade additional areas of the Mineral Resource from the Inferred to the Indicated category.
"Our exploration work over the past few months has identified a number of exciting new target areas. These include the recent Red Hill discovery, a high-grade portion within the current 1.4Moz Mineral Resource, gold mineralisation immediately outside the Mineral Resource at the Footwall Shear, and the continuation of the gold lodes into the Goueli and Margou permits currently being acquired.
"We are pleased to be starting our new drilling program to test these targets and we look forward to keeping shareholders updated as results become available.”