Great Western Exploration commences drilling at Yandal West
Great Western Exploration (ASX: GTE) has begun RC drilling at the Ives Find prospect, located within its Yandal West gold project. The 1,000m program is targeting high-grade, Jundee-style gold mineralisation, with the results expected by late June.
Great Western Exploration (ASX: GTE) has begun RC drilling at the Ives Find prospect, located within its Yandal West gold project.
· RC drilling has commenced at the Yandal West gold project
· This high impact drill programme is targeting high-grade, Jundee style gold mineralisation
· This programme is approximately 1,000m of drilling
· Results expected mid to late June
The Company previously announced (ASX release 08/04/19) that detailed analysis of the recent diamond drilling has provided a significantly enhanced understanding of both the nature and the structural controls of the gold mineralisation at the Ives Find prospect with the main points as follows:
· The Company is interpreting the high-grade gold encountered at Ives Find (ASX release 13/02/19) may increase with depth as it converges with underlying feeder faults.
· The Company believes the geological setting at Ives Find is analogous to high-grade, Jundee style gold mineralisation where the gold discovered in the granite at Jundee was part of a much larger gold system that increased with depth in the underlying greenstone rocks.
· At least 3 of the 5 discrete, high-grade gold lode targets identified will be tested in this drilling programme.
A further 5 high priority structural targets have been identified along strike. This enhanced understanding has enabled the Company to prepare a high impact drilling programme that will target interpreted wider zones below the current shallow intersections as well as some discreet structural targets.
The Company has now commenced RC drilling to start testing these targets with approximately 1,000m of drilling planned with results expected to be available from mid to late June.