NRW Holdings awarded Koodaideri mine prestrip contract
NRW Holdings Limited (ASX: NWH) has been awarded the Koodaideri Mine Pre-strip contract by Rio Tinto, valued at $95 million.
The Project scope includes the development of initial mining pre-strip and earthworks infrastructure to enable the commencement of mining operations, and includes:
· Mobilisation and site establishment
· Clearing and stripping topsoil and subsoil
· Drill and Blast operations
· Pre-strip mining operations
· Construction of access roads, haul roads and in pit facilities
· Bulk Earthworks and drainage construction
· Construction of Rom Pad and Skyway
The project value is circa $95 million and is expected to have a duration of approximately 78 weeks with works commencing in November 2019.
At its peak there will be over 150 site based personnel required for the project. NRW will utilise major plant from its existing fleet for the project.
Commenting on the award NRW’s Chief Executive Office Jules Pemberton said, “This contract award highlights NRW’s strong reputation and capability across mining and construction projects. NRW looks forward to continuing our relationship with Rio Tinto and supporting their iron ore operations in the Pilbara.”