Zenith Minerals commences drilling to test high-grade bedrock gold targets at Split Rocks
Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) has recommenced drilling at its Split Rocks project in Western Australia. An initial program of approximately 2000m of RC (13 holes to depths of 150m) will test bedrock gold targets beneath the currently operating Dulcie Heap Leach Gold Project (DHLGO).
· A program of approximately 2000m of RC drilling has commenced to test bedrock gold targets at Split Rocks;
· Historic high-grade bedrock gold exploration drill results within the project area include:
· PDR1101 6.0m @ 16.91 g/t Au;
· PSA013: 2.0m @ 32.73 g/t Au;
· DHRC009: 2.0m @ 16.53 g/t Au;
· P7SRC1: 2.0m @ 15.40 g/t Au;
· Dac007: 5.0m @ 4.73 g/t Au;
· DLRC006: 3m @ 7.97g/t Au;
· COR072: 3.0m @ 6.40g/t Au;
· CUR011: 6.0m @ 3.34 g/t Au and
· PDR865: 9.0m @ 2.20g/t Au.
· Higher-grade historic gold drill results are mostly hosted within banded iron formation (BIF) whilst most of the deeper historic holes have not tested this BIF target zone;
· Additionally, wide strongly anomalous gold in bedrock intervals (32m @ 0.6 g/t Au and 57m @ 0.28g/t Au) occur within thick shallow dipping mineralised structures (likely thrust faults) tracking through the project area, beneath a large laterite gold rich zone that is approx. 4km x 1.5km in dimensions;
· The drill program is designed to follow-up on historic high-grade gold results and to test target zone where the large mineralised shallow dipping fault structures intersect the preferred BIF host rocks; and
· Dual purpose of testing bedrock gold targets and lithium pegmatite bodies identified in the historical drilling in this highly prospective Forrestania lithium belt.
Zenith announced on the 21st March 2019 that it had executed an option agreement with the owners of the DHLGO whereby the Company has an exclusive right to explore for bedrock gold mineralisation beneath the large laterite rich gold cap currently being mined and treated on leases located contiguous with Zenith’s Split Rocks project licences, located in the Forrestania greenstone belt, Western Australia.
Historical exploration reports on the area of the DHLGO leases highlight that high-grade gold mineralisation is predominantly hosted by moderately west dipping BIF units (Figures 2 & 3). High-grade historic drill results include: 6.0m @ 16.91 g/t Au, 2.0m @ 32.73 g/t Au, 2.0m @ 16.5 g/t Au, 2.0m @ 15.40 g/t Au, 5.0m @ 4.73 g/t Au, 4.0m @ 4.90 g/t Au and 9.0m @ 2.20g/t Au, presenting several high-priority target zones for follow-up by Zenith.