Base and precious metals exploration company Lykos Metals (ASX: LYK) has provided an update on exploration activities at the Company’s 100%-owned Sinjakovo (81km2 area) and Cajnice (50km2 area) projects in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Gold-bearing “diatreme” breccia identified in first trench at Zekil-Erak Prospect
- Up to 5.78g/t gold returned from 15 outcrop samples from breccia collected to date
- Diamond drill-testing at Zekil-Erak to commence early September
- Trenching to commence in the southern part of the prospect
- Diamond drilling at RDK Prospect underway, drillholes SIDD003 and SIDD004 now complete. Results pending
- Seven-hole diamond drilling program at Gramusovici Prospect expanded to nine holes to follow up on strong copper sulphidic mineralisation
- Diamond drilling commenced at Berkovici Prospect
Lykos Metals Managing Director Mladen Stevanovic said:
“Our concurrent exploration programs are well underway at the Sinjakovo and Cajnice projects.
“The Sinjakovo Project continues to surprise on the upside as our exploration program advances, and the Company was delighted to identify volcanic “diatreme” gold-bearing breccia complex from the first trench of the program at the Zekil Prospect.
“The results from follow up sampling at Zekil were highly encouraging and, due to the shallow habitus of this gold mineralisation from surface, Lykos believes the grades could be economically interesting. We look forward to updating the market as further results come to hand.
“At Cajnice, drilling is progressing well. The exploration team continues to grow its knowledge of the mineralisation in the Gramusovici Prospect. At the Berkovici Prospect, twinning of historic holes will follow up exceptionally high-grade historic lead intercepts that were not assayed for precious metals.”