Eastern Goldfields explorer Nexus Minerals Limited (ASX: NXM) has announced the results of two recently completed drilling programs at the Wallbrook gold project, which comprised 18 holes drilled to a maximum depth of 300 metres across 4 prospect areas. All holes intersected elevated gold geochemistry within broad mineralised envelopes. Mineralisation, alteration and grades were analogous to Saracen Mineral Holdings’ operating Karari mine and their historic Porphyry and Wallbrook mines.
Wallbrook Gold Project
- Initial 18 hole broadly spaced reconnaissance RC drill program for 3,992m completed in June;
- All 18 holes intersect elevated gold geochemistry within broad mineralised envelopes including:
- 4m @ 12.86g/t Au (within 8m @ 6.51g/t Au)
- 4m @ 4.22g/t Au (within 24m @ 1.20g/t Au)
- 4m @ 3.84g/t Au (within 20m @ 1.41g/t Au)
- 4m @ 2.43g/t Au (within 32m @ 0.43g/t Au)
- 4m @ 2.17g/t Au (within 12m @ 1.00g/t Au)
- 1m @ 3.94g/t Au (within 16m @ 0.41g/t Au)
- 4m @ 1.57g/t Au (within 8m @ 0.87g/t Au)
- 64m @ 0.32g/t Au
- 48m @ 0.36g/t Au
- 40m @ 0.24g/t Au
- Mineralisation, alteration style and grades analogous to Saracen Mineral Holdings operating Karari mine, and their historic Porphyry and Wallbrook mines;
- Geological and structural mapping, combined with surface geochemistry, confirm surface mineralised trends;
- Use of Gravity and Induced Polarisation/Resistivity geophysical surveys confirm successful methodology for targeting mineralised zones at depth.
Eastern Goldfields gold explorer, Nexus Minerals Limited (ASX: NXM) (Nexus or the Company) is pleased to announce the results of two recently completed drill programs. A 3,992m reverse circulation (RC) program at the Wallbrook Gold Project and a 4,156m aircore and 429m RC drill program at the Pinnacles GT6 prospect.
The Wallbrook RC program comprised 18 holes drilled to a maximum depth of 300m, across 4 prospect areas. The drill holes tested high priority drill targets, and exploration technique methodology.
The Pinnacles GT6 aircore program consisted of 53 holes, along 7 drill lines 150m apart, with 50m drill centres along the lines. They were drilled to top of fresh rock with samples subjected to multi-element geochemical analysis and geological / alteration mapping. Three RC drill holes were drilled to follow up the previous 12m @ 3.27g/t Au result.