Australian heavy rare earths producer, Northern Minerals Limited (ASX: NTU) has heralded the September quarter as a momentous period for the company, with the official opening of the Browns Range pilot plant project in July. Commissioning and load testing of the circuit continues as the project moves into the production phase. Post-quarter end, first rare earth carbonate was produced at Browns Range.
This was a momentous period for the Company, with the official opening of the Browns Range Pilot Plant Project on 27 July. Commissioning and load testing of the circuit continues as the project moves into the production phase.
· The Pilot Plant Project was officially opened by the Hon. Alannah MacTiernan, Minister for Regional Development; Agriculture and Food; Minister assisting the Minister for State Development, Jobs and Trade.
· Beneficiation and hydrometallurgical circuits are being commissioned and load tested ahead of continuous state production.
· Post-quarter end, first rare earth carbonate has been produced.
· Also, post-quarter end, the Company entered into a $27 million funding agreement.
· On the exploration front, the Company confirmed two exciting high-grade discoveries at Dazzler and Iceman during the quarter.
· Ore sorting studies confirm the potential to double the mill head grade.
Northern Minerals Limited (ASX:NTU; Northern Minerals or the Company) is focused on production from the Browns Range Heavy Rare Earth Pilot Plant Project in northern Western Australia. Through the development of its flagship project, the Browns Range Project (the Project), Northern Minerals is the first and only meaningful producer of dysprosium outside of China. Commissioning is progressing on the three-year pilot plant project with first production of heavy rare earth carbonate in October 2018. The pilot plant development will continue with its R&D studies and will provide the opportunity to gain production experience, surety of supply for our offtake partner and assess the economic and technical feasibility of the larger full scale development.