Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) has announced details from a petrological study conducted on REE mineralisation at its 100% owned Laramie REE Project. Zenith recently secured federal lode claims and state lease applications over the Laramie REE Project located in central Wyoming USA.
· Initial petrographic analyses confirm REEs occur predominantly as the mineral allanite at the Company’s newly secured 100% owned Laramie REE Project located in Wyoming, USA;
· Allanite crystals observed are generally relatively coarse grained (0.4mm to 2.5mm) with distinct mineral grains indicating potential for easy liberation from the syenite host rock;
· Zenith surface rock grab sampling returned REE mineralisation with TREO (Total Rare Earth Oxide) grades up to 0.60% whilst widespread, continuous REE mineralisation confirmed in all of nine recently announced systematic chip sample traverses (ZNC ASX Release 6th Nov 2019), including:
· 80m @ 0.40% TREO – Traverse A;
· 60m @ 0.39% TREO – Traverse B;
· 40m @ 0.35% TREO – Traverse C;
· 60m @ 0.37% TREO – Traverse D;
· 137m @ 0.37% TREO – Traverse E;
· 332m @ 0.26% TREO – Traverse F;
· 72m @ 0.33% TREO – Traverse G;
· 60m @ 0.34% TREO – Traverse H;
· 17m @ 0.24% TREO – Traverse I.
· Zenith has now identified three sampling areas 2 to 3km apart with strong values of high-value neodymium, praseodymium and dysprosium within a 30 sqkm monzonitic pluton part of a very large anorthosite complex, providing Zenith with the opportunity to define a very large-scale exploration target once initial first pass drill testing is completed;
· Wyoming is home to multiple existing major mining operations and the project area has excellent existing road and rail infrastructure; and
· Next steps include further mapping, surface sampling and geophysical surveying to establish the overall extent of the mineralised zone(s) and target highest grade areas for drill testing, along with further mineralogical and beneficiation studies.
Wyoming is home to multiple existing major mining operations (coal and uranium) and has local engineering and construction companies capable of supporting mine project development.
The project area has excellent existing infrastructure being located 3km from the national road network, 30km to interstate and 35km to rail, in addition Wyoming has abundant low-cost commercial electricity. Rare Element Resources (OTCQB: REEMF) are currently assessing the advanced Bear Lodge REE project in north east Wyoming.