West Australian focused gold exploration and development company, Rox Resources Limited (“Rox” or “the Company”) (ASX: RXL), in conjunction with its joint venture partner Venus Metals Corporation Limited (ASX: VMC), is pleased to provide an update on drill results from the Youanmi Gold Project near Mt Magnet, WA, in the OYG JV area (Rox 70% and Manager, VMC 30%).
- Latest high-grade gold intercepts received from resource drilling at Link include:
- RXRC437: 3m @ 7.23g/t Au from 131m, within 9m @ 4.27g/t Au from 128m
- RXRC436: 2m @ 8.16g/t Au from 183m, within 8m @ 4.17g/t Au from 178m
- RXRC438: 2m @ 6.78g/t Au from 127m, within 5m @ 4.33g/t Au from 122m.
- Results received continue to indicate the 2021 drilling campaign is likely to underpin a strong increase in the reported resource inventory at Youanmi of 1.7Moz at 2.85g/t Au (ASX: RXL 23 June 2021) principally via resource extension drilling in the Link, Junction, HW lode and mine pillar areas.
Results reported in this release are from shallower drilling up-plunge at the Link Prospect in an area previously untested by drilling, between the base of historic open pits and underground development. Gold mineralisation intersected by this drilling is at 110m depth, beneath the base of the Hill End open pit, a small historically mined (10m-15m depth) pit at Youanmi. This mineralisation also lies in a gap between the shallow and deeps resource envelopes, and hence is likely to contribute to additional ounces to the resource inventory.
Managing Director Alex Passmore commented: “These shallow intercepts at Link prospect demonstrate good up-plunge continuity of gold mineralisation and add further confidence that we will be able to add to the shallow resource inventory in this area. As part of the ongoing Youanmi development studies being undertaken we are looking at various mining scenarios, which may include open pit mining in the vicinity of these intersections.”