Gold and copper explorer Torrens Mining Limited (ASX: TRN) is pleased to draw the attention of investors to an announcement made today by Coda Minerals Limited (ASX:COD), and cross released to Torrens, which relates to the Elizabeth Creek Copper Project in South Australia, in which Torrens holds a 30% joint venture interest.
- Torrens’ Elizabeth Creek Copper Project joint venture partner, Coda Minerals Limited, has released an update on continued drilling at Emmie Bluff Deeps.
- Daughter (wedge holes) are being drilled off hole DD21EB0018.
- Assays of copper mineralisation observed in DD21EB0018 are expected within 3-5 weeks.
- Drilling of the shallower Emmie Bluff Zambian-style Cu-Co mineralisation is also continuing.
- Two diamond and an RC drilling rigs are on site, with a third diamond rig expected soon.
The announcement details drilling operations at Emmie Bluff both underway and planned.
The announcement is available on the ASX market announcements platform under the ticker code “COD.”
Torrens’ Managing Director Steve Shedden commented:
“The considerable momentum now underway on the Elizabeth Creek Copper Project promises to deliver great results over the next few months.
The deep yet massive IOCG potential indicated by the very encouraging copper sulphide mineralisation intersected in diamond drill hole DD21EB0018 has drawn widespread attention to this project, which is located in the heart of Australia’s most productive copper province.
Torrens first brought this project to Coda’s attention back in 2017, after having acquired it in 2015.
We have always strongly believed in the potential of Elizabeth Creek. The scenarios now unfolding with both the IOCG and the Zambian-style copper-cobalt mineralisation are vindicating our well-founded and long term confidence.
Torrens is actively engaged as a 30% joint venturer and we continue to look forward to more positive developments at Elizabeth Creek.”>