Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) is pleased to announce that a total of 100 AC holes were recently completed across 5 target areas as a first test for new zones of gold mineralisation. Drilling has been highly successful in outlining high-grade gold mineralisation at 4 of the 5 target zones.
- Further high-grade gold drill results received from the remaining 64 aircore (AC) holes of a 100-hole program (totalling 4,732 metres) at the Split Rocks gold project in Western Australia.
- Initial 4m composite results from extensional drilling at Scott’s Grey provide very strong encouragement for further work, new results include:
- 8m @ 4.1 g/t Au
- 4m @ 4.8 g/t Au, and
- 10m @ 0.9 g/t Au (eoh) incl. 4m @ 1.6 g/t Au.
- Initial 4m composite results from confirmatory and extensional drilling at Dulcie North outline strong near surface gold mineralisation that requires follow-up, new results include:
- 16m @ 1.3 g/t Au incl 4m @ 2.9 g/t Au
- 4m @ 1.7 g/t Au, and
- 4m @ 1.6 g/t Au
- Results are in addition to those recently announced for the first 36 holes of the program completed at Dulcie Far North (ASX Release 24-Jun-21), including:
- 3m @ 70.0 g/t Au (end of hole)
- 8m @ 2.5 g/t Au
- 8m @ 1.9 g/t Au, and
- 12m @ 1.0 g/t Au incl 4m @ 1.9 g/t Au
- Infill and extensional AC drilling is now required at Dulcie Far North, Dulcie North, Scott’s Grey & Estrella to be followed by RC drilling on these significant near surface gold results and at the adjoining Dulcie targets: Dulcie Laterite Pit & Water Bore.
Commenting on the new high-grade gold results, Chairman Peter Bird said:
“These new gold results continue to demonstrate the prospective nature of the Split Rocks project. The drilling program had two aims both of which were successfully achieved – targeted drilling to assist in understanding the orientation and continuity of the mineralised structures such as at Scott’s Grey and Estrella and secondly extensional drilling to scope out the extents of mineralisation such as at Dulcie North and Dulcie Far North. We have now identified multiple mineralised structures that extend over a cumulative strike of more than 3km. The next phase of follow-up AC and RC drilling will focus on testing the continuity of gold mineralisation within the individual shear zones as we work towards building gold inventory.”