Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) has capped off 2021 with the discovery of two new major zones of zinc-lead mineralisation at the Earaheedy joint venture project in Western Australia. The ongoing drilling program has now been expanded to over 50,000m, primarily to further drill and scope the Tonka discovery zone. Drilling is nearing completion for the 2021 season, with today’s announcement reporting on the results of 90 holes for 13,959 metres.
NEW FEEDER FAULT ZONE*
- Interpreted high-grade feeder fault mineralisation intersected below the recently discovered flat-lying, extensive (4.1km long x 1.9km wide) Chinook zinc-lead mineralisation.
- Currently defined by 3 holes over 1.7km strike length
- New drill results include:
- 10m @ 6.57% Zn + Pb, 16.24 g/t Ag from 200m, within broad zone of 84m @ 1.84% Zn+Pb to end of hole.
- 17m @ 3.08% Zn+Pb
- 6m @ 6.57% Zn+Pb
- Metal zonation (Cu-Co-As-Ag), mineral alteration and geological architecture supports potential for deeper large-scale Cu-Zn-Pb-Ag deposits below the extensive, flat-lying, unconformity style mineralisation discovered to date, at Chinook, Tonka and Navajoh.
NEW CHINOOK RESULTS*
- Ongoing RC drilling at the western end of Chinook returned further encouraging infill results, including:
- 8m @ 3.67% Zn + Pb, 4.10 g/t Ag from 74m (EHRC297)
- 8m @ 3.65% Zn + Pb, 8.03 g/t Ag from 128m (EHRC197)
- 17m @ 2.91% Zn + Pb, 2.29 g/t Ag from 110m (EHRC206)
- 5m @ 4.54% Zn + Pb, 4.24 g/t Ag from 110m (EHRC113)
- 6m @ 3.48% Zn + Pb, 37.00 g/t Ag from 59m (EHRC159)
- 5m @ 5.53% Zn + Pb, 3.56 g/t Ag from 79m (EHRC159)
NEW MINERALISED ZONE DEFINED AT NAVAJOH*
- New mineralised zone discovered at Navajoh, located 4km southeast of the recent Tonka Discovery (ASX Release 13-Dec-21).
- First pass drilling on a single traverse intersected significant flat lying Zn-Pb-Ag sulphide mineralisation, like that at the Chinook and Tonka Prospects. New drilling results include:
- 5m @ 6.38% Zn + Pb, 6.3 g/t Ag from 123m (EHRC280)
- 3m @ 6.15% Zn + Pb, 10.63 g/t Ag from 132m (EHRC281A)
- 4m @ 4.18% Zn + Pb, 3.57 g/t Ag from 106m (EHRC291)
- 9m @ 2.75% Zn + Pb, 2.71 g/t Ag from 157m (EHRC285)
2021 PROGRAM SUMMARY*
The ongoing drilling program has now been expanded to over 50,000m, primarily to further drill and scope the Tonka discovery zone. The drilling is nearing completion for the 2021 season, with this announcement reporting on the results of ninety (90) holes for 13,959 metres. Assay results returned for 28,144m of drilling (approximately 56% of the planned drilling). The final sets of drilling results are expected by February-March next year.