Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) is pleased to announce that massive sulphides have been intersected at the Snook Prospect – the first of eight targets to be drill tested.
- The first of eight targets to be drill tested. This is part of the current multirig drill program underway at the Develin Creek copper-zinc massive sulphide project in Queensland (ASX Release 2-Sep-21).
- Near surface, massive and semi-massive sulphides intersected in 4 drill holes, ranging in zones up to 22m thick (pyrite dominant).
- Massive copper-zinc sulphides intersected in 2 holes over 2m to 3m wide intervals, copper and zinc confirmed in field with pXRF – laboratory assays are awaited.
- Mineralisation remains open with the target sequence extending along strike for multiple kilometres north to south.
- The Company plans to undertake ground based electromagnetic surveying (EM) to assist with ongoing targeting.
- Drilling confirms a fertile VMS system is present at Snook. These systems tend to occur in clusters as has already been identified to the north at Sulphide City.
- The current program of approximately 40 holes that will also assess the Sulphide City resource area where recent drilling returned strong massive copper-zinc sulphides in a twin hole program including (ASX Release 5-Jul-21).
- 34m @ 3.5% Cu+Zn, incl 10m @ 6.0% Cu+Zn, and
- 29m @ 3.5% Cu+Zn, incl 12.3m @ 6.7% Cu+Zn.
- This drilling is part of a broader plan to build upon the existing JORC resource and add potential tonnage to the Develin Creek copper-zinc volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) inventory.
Commenting on the drill program, Chairman Peter Bird said:
“VMS systems can be very high value. The results to date confirm the pervasive nature of the system at Develin Creek. We are very keen to add copper inventory to our existing resource base.
As we have stated previously, we have an aggressive base and precious metals drill program underway within the business. A total of 12 drill rigs are active, this includes 5 within the Earaheedy Joint Venture Zinc discovery (EJV) where Zenith has a 25% equity position and 7 rigs operating on wholly owned assets. This activity places us in a strong position for success.”