Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) today announced the assay results at the Split Rocks gold project in Western Australia, confirming strong gold mineralisation.
- Final 1m assay drill results from second phase RC drilling program (32 RC holes totalling 2,793m) at the Split Rocks gold project in Western Australia, confirm strong gold mineralisation at multiple prospects, as previously reported based on 4m composite assay results (refer to ASX release 11-Mar-21).
- Dulcie Laterite Pit Extension (9 holes) – new 1m results successfully extend gold mineralisation a further 500m south with cumulative gold mineralised strike now exceeding 2000m, new 1m results include:
- 3m @ 17.9 g/t Au
- 8m @ 2.0 g/t Au, incl. 2m @ 7.2 g/t Au
- 5m @ 1.9 g/t Au and 7m @ 2.0 g/t Au
- Dulcie Laterite Pit Infill (7 holes) – holes intersected thick near surface gold zones such as:
- 19m @ 1.6 g/t Au from 27m depth, incl. 3m @ 7.4 g/t Au
- 20m @ 0.9 g/t Au from 18m depth, incl. 5m @ 2.0 g/t Au
- Dulcie North (4 holes) – follow-up testing of near surface high-grade gold zone intersected in previous ZNC drilling including 32m @ 9.4 g/t Au (refer ASX release 2-Sep-20), confirms near surface mineralised zone strikes east-west and remains open in both directions and at depth. New 1m assay results include:
- 8m @ 4.8 g/t Au from 17m depth, incl. 3m @ 6.9 g/t Au
- 23m @ 1.1 g/t Au from 8m depth, incl. 3m @ 3.4 g/t Au
- 8m @ 1.0 g/t Au from 8m depth, incl. 1m @ 6.3 g/t Au
- Water Bore (6 holes) – follow up testing of gold mineralisation identified in water exploration holes drilled by the Dulcie laterite gold operators. New near surface west dipping gold zone identified open to the south, including:
- 3m @ 6.6 g/t Au
- 3m @ 3.7 g/t Au
- 5m @ 1.3 g/t Au
- An aircore drill rig has been booked to start in June for the fully permitted 100-hole drill program to test new gold targets along 18km of prospective strike, whilst targets at Dulcie North and Water Bore require further follow-up RC testing.
Commenting on the results announced Chairman Peter Bird said:
“The new 1m assay results confirm and extend gold zones at multiple prospects. Gold mineralisation remains open and will be the focus of further RC drilling at Dulcie North and the Water Bore zone, whilst multiple high-priority gold targets over 18km of strike, remain to have first pass drill testing. Split Rocks is one of our key 100% owned projects, the others being Red Mountain gold and Develin Creek copper in Queensland. In addition, we’ll continue to advance our joint venture interests including the recently announced Earaheedy zinc-lead project in Western Australia, refer to ZNC ASX release 19-April-21”.