Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) is pleased to announce new outstanding high-grade gold drill results received from the first 36 aircore (AC) holes of a 100-hole program (totalling 4,732 metres) at the Split Rocks gold project in Western Australia.
- Initial composite results from Dulcie Far North combined with those from previous scout drilling by Zenith and historic exploration drill holes on lines 100m to 200m apart, outline an additional 1km long x 300m wide gold mineralised corridor, new results include:
- 3m @ 70.0 g/t Au (end of hole),
- 8m @ 2.5 g/t Au,
- 8m @ 1.9 g/t Au, and
- 12m @ 1.0 g/t Au incl 4m @ 1.9 g/t Au.
- Results compliment previous drill results, including:
- 6m @ 11.1 g/t Au,
- 4m @ 8.1 g/t Au,
- 5m @ 5.6 g/t Au, and
- 5m @ 4.7 g/t Au.
- Infill and extensional AC drilling is now required at Dulcie Far North to be followed by RC drilling on these significant near surface gold results and at the adjoining 3 Dulcie targets: Dulcie Laterite Pit, Dulcie North & Water Bore.
Commenting on the new high-grade gold results from Split Rocks Chairman Peter Bird said:
“The results are great and in addition to the existing 2km long gold zone at Dulcie Laterite Pit, they define another 1km long zone that now requires further follow-up drill testing. We note that these new results from 36 holes are only a portion of the larger 100-hole drill program, they are particularly significant given the relatively coarse spacing of drill lines at Dulcie Far North. High grades to 70 g/t Au at end of hole are more than worthy of follow up. The continuing drill programs at Split Rocks are likely to add significant value to the Company.”
New Drill Results
A total of 36 AC holes were completed at Dulcie Far North in this recent program, part of a larger 100-hole AC program. The holes along with previous Zenith AC and historic drilling on lines 100m to 200m apart outline a zone of gold mineralisation 1km long x 300m wide. Results from hole ZDAC339 are particularly significant returning 3m @ 70 g/t Au from 44m depth to the end of the drill hole which terminated in a zone of intense quartz veining close to a basalt – banded iron formation contact.
Note Zenith retains gold rights at Dulcie Far North below 6m, subject to the Dulcie option agreement (refer to ASX Release 21-Mar-19).