Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) has announced further new surface sampling results from its 100% owned Laramie REE Project. Zenith recently secured federal lode claims and state lease applications over the Laramie REE Project located in central Wyoming USA.
· Widespread REE mineralisation identified in all of nine new systematic chip sample traverses completed at the recently secured, 100% owned, Laramie REE Project in Wyoming USA, including:
· 80m @ 0.40% TREO – Traverse A;
· 60m @ 0.39% TREO – Traverse B;
· 40m @ 0.35% TREO – Traverse C;
· 60m @ 0.37% TREO – Traverse D;
· 137m @ 0.37% TREO – Traverse E;
· 332m @ 0.26% TREO – Traverse F;
· 72m @ 0.33% TREO – Traverse G;
· 60m @ 0.34% TREO – Traverse H;
· 17m @ 0.24% TREO – Traverse I.
· Additional Zenith surface rock grab sampling has identified a further zone of REE mineralisation with TREO (Total Rare Earth Oxide) grades up to 0.60%. First pass sampling by Zenith has now identified three sampling areas 2 to 3km apart with strong values of high-value neodymium, praseodymium and dysprosium;
· REE mineralisation occurs within a 30 sqkm monzonitic pluton part of a very large anorthosite complex, providing Zenith with the opportunity to define a very large-scale exploration target once initial first pass drill testing is completed;
· Wyoming is home to multiple existing major mining operations and the project area has excellent existing road and rail infrastructure; and
· Next steps include further mapping, surface sampling and geophysical surveying to establish the overall extent of the mineralised zone(s) and target highest grade areas for drill testing, along with initial mineralogical/metallurgical testwork.
Wyoming is home to multiple existing major mining operations (coal and uranium) and has local engineering and construction companies capable of supporting mine project development.
The project area has excellent existing infrastructure being located 3km from the national road network, 30km to interstate and 35km to rail, in addition Wyoming has abundant low-cost commercial electricity. Rare Element Resources (OTCQB: REEMF) are currently assessing the advanced Bear Lodge REE project in north east Wyoming.