Zenith Minerals has secured the Laramie REE Project in Wyoming USA. Wyoming is home to multiple existing major mining operations (coal and uranium) and has local engineering and construction companies capable of supporting mine project development. The project area has excellent existing infrastructure being located 3km from the national road network, 30km to interstate and 35km to rail, in addition Wyoming has abundant low-cost commercial electricity.
New 100% owned Laramie Rare Earths (REE) Project secured via leasing and staking in Wyoming USA:
· Zenith surface rock sampling has returned widespread TREO (Total Rare Earth Oxide) grades up to 0.54% in two initial sampling areas 3km apart with strong values of high-value neodymium, praseodymium and dysprosium;
· Applications lodged first in time for State and Federal lands covering the most promising areas from recent Zenith sampling;
· REE’s are reported to occur predominantly as the mineral allanite hosted by clinopyroxene and hornblende syenites within a late stage 30 sqkm monzonitic pluton that is the youngest and most highly differentiated part of a very large anorthosite complex, providing Zenith with the opportunity to define a very large-scale exploration target once initial follow-up work is completed;
· REE’s listed as critical minerals in USA report “A Federal Strategy to Ensure Secure and Reliable Supplies of Critical Minerals”. Strong Federal Government support to secure USA domestic REE supply.
· Wyoming is home to multiple existing major mining operations and the project area has excellent existing road and rail infrastructure; and
· Assays are awaited for the balance of first pass samples and more detailed and systematic traverse chip sampling and mapping to assess size potential, leading to drill testing.
Rare Element Resources (TSX:RES) are currently assessing the advanced Bear Lodge REE project in north east Wyoming.
Initial sampling and mapping by Zenith in two key areas 3km apart has returned up to 0.54% TREO, with the 23 highest results from 29 samples taken from the two key areas held under application by Zenith averaging 0.34% TREO.