Zenith Minerals (ASX:ZNC) has announced its maiden drill program at the Dulcie Prospect has confirmed high-grade near surface cobalt-nickel mineralisation, widespread scandium as well as intersecting pegmatites with anomalous lithium and returning strong gold results within the company’s recently granted, 100% owned Split Rocks project in Western Australia. Drilling confirms and extends the cobalt – nickel zone identified in a review of previous exploration.
Zenith’s maiden drill program (104 aircore holes) at the Dulcie Prospect confirms high-grade near surface cobalt-nickel mineralisation, widespread scandium as well as intersecting pegmatites with anomalous lithium and returning strong gold results within Zenith’s recently granted 100% owned Split Rocks project in Western Australia.
Drilling confirms and extends the cobalt – nickel zone identified in a review of previous exploration and in addition has defined widespread near surface scandium mineralisation in a relatively continuous flat-lying blanket above or beside the cobalt-nickel mineralisation.
Significant new cobalt – nickel and scandium drill results from initial composite samples from the Dulcie Prospect include:
- 12m @ 0.27% cobalt and 1.45% nickel from 20m downhole;
- 30m @ 0.06% cobalt and 0.75% nickel from 20m downhole; and
- 16m @ 0.07% cobalt and 0.72% nickel from 16m downhole.
- 4m @ 190ppm scandium from surface;
- 8m @ 105ppm scandium from surface; and
- 16m @ 98ppm scandium from 8m downhole.
Anomalous lithium bearing pegmatites were intersected in the northern portion of the prospect area over 950m of strike. The best lithium result in each hole in this northern area was at drill refusal in saprock at the end of the hole, being the depth beyond which the aircore rig could not penetrate. These anomalous lithium, caesium and rubidium results confirm the presence of prospective pegmatites only 40 km north of Kidman Resources Limited’s (ASX:KDR) Earl Grey lithium pegmatite deposit and represent a drill target for follow-up testing. Results from initial composite samples include:
- 3m @ 921 ppm Li2O from 28m downhole, end of hole;
- 1m @ 603 ppm Li2O from 37m downhole, end of hole; and
- 2m @ 463 ppm Li2O from 8m downhole, end of hole.
Significant gold mineralisation was also intersected in several drill holes in the south of the prospect area. Results from initial composite samples include:
- 30m @ 0.6g/t gold from 20m downhole, including 4m @ 3.28g/t gold;
- 7m @ 1.93g/t gold from 28m downhole, including 3m @ 4.32g/t gold; and
- 4m @ 0.66g/t gold from surface.
Most drill results reported in this release relate to initial 4m composite samples. Resampling at 1 m intervals is in progress. Resampling is likely to refine the mineralised intervals to narrower higher grade zones.
The cobalt – nickel results are in addition to those previously announced (ASX release 9th January 2018) highlighting historic drill results at the Dulcie Prospect, including:
- 22m @ 0.06% cobalt and 0.70% nickel from 18m downhole, including: 8m @ 0.12% cobalt and 0.96% nickel.