Perth-based explorer Zenith Minerals says it has received assay results from initial follow-up drill testing at its Kavaklitepe gold project in Turkey, which has defined gold mineralisation over the length of the 900m-long Kuzey prospect. Samples from the intervals have been submitted to the assay lab for analysis, with results expected by mid-January.
· Preliminary 4-metre composite assay results received from the recently completed 2,276 metre RC drill program (15 holes) at the Kuzey Prospect:
· KT-35: 24.0m @ 4.15 g/t Au, including 16.0m @ 5.20 g/t Au;
· KT-29: 28.0m @ 2.78 g/t Au, including 8.0m @ 6.01 g/t Au;
· KT-38: 32.0m @ 1.28 g/t Au; including 4.0m @ 3.20 g/t Au, and
· KT-33: 8.0m @ 2.45g/t Au, including 4.0m @ 3.33 g/t Au.
· New continuous surface rock samples taken along access tracks constructed for this RC drill program returned:
· 10.0m @ 12.2 g/t Au;
· 44.0m @ 3.37 g/t Au;
· 15.0m @ 10.10 g/t Au and
· 6.5m @ 5.18 g/t Au.
· New results are in addition to 2016 drill results that included: 16m @ 4.7 g/t (fresh rock), 9m @ 5.2g/t and 7.8m @ 7.3g/t gold (surface oxide zone);
· This RC drill program has successfully defined gold mineralisation over the length of the 900-metre-long Kuzey Prospect;
· Kuzey Prospect defined by high order gold in soil anomaly (+50 ppb), with peak soil sample values up to 6.05 g/t gold and continuous rock chip sampling of 54.0m grading 3.33 g/t gold, including 21.5m grading 7.2 g/t gold at southern end of the prospect; Additional drill targets including the nearby Discovery Zone require further follow-up drill testing; and
· Individual 1 metre samples of the 4 metre RC composite gold mineralised intervals have been submitted to the assay laboratory for analysis with assay results expected by mid-January;
· Upon receipt of the 1 metre sample results the Kavaklitepe JV partners will be in a better position to comment on the significance of the gold mineralisation defined in this RC drill campaign and future work on the project.
Zenith Minerals Limited (“Zenith” or “the Company”) is very pleased to advise that initial 4 metre composite assay results from follow-up drill testing have now been received from the Kavaklitepe Gold Project located within the highly gold endowed western region of Turkey.
Based on these preliminary 4 metre composite results the drill program has successfully defined gold mineralisation over the length of the 900 metre long Kuzey Prospect (north prospect) one of three gold mineralised zones within the Kavaklitepe Project. New results include: drill hole KT-35: 24.0m @ 4.15 g/t Au, including 16.0m @ 5.20 g/t Au and KT-29: 28.0m @ 2.78 g/t Au, including 8.0m @ 6.01 g/t Au and drill hole KT-38: 32.0m @ 1.3 g/t Au; including 4.0m @ 3.20 g/t Au (Figures 1, 2, 3 & 4). These drill intersections are interpreted to be close to true thickness of the gold mineralisation.
Individual 1 metre samples of the 4 metre composite gold mineralised intervals have been submitted to the assay laboratory for analysis with assay results expected by mid-January. It is anticipated that the mineralised intervals based on the yet to be received 1 metre samples may be higher in gold grade but narrower than those reported in these broader 4 metre composite samples.
New continuous surface rock samples taken along access tracks constructed for this RC drill program also returned significant gold mineralisation including: 10.0m @ 12.2 g/t Au, 44.0m @ 3.37 g/t Au, 15.0m @ 10.10 g/t Au and 6.5m @ 5.18 g/t Au (Figure 1)