Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) is pleased to announce that an initial program of 3 diamond drill holes at the Sulphide City resource area confirms high-grade copper and zinc zones with associated gold and silver in massive sulphides.
- Results include:
- ZDCDD002 – 29m @ 2.3% Cu, 1.2% Zn, 0.3 g/t Au & 4.2 g/t Ag incl. 12.3m @ 4.2% Cu, 2.5% Zn, 0.6 g/t Au & 7.3 g/t Ag,
- ZDCDD003 – 34m @ 2.0% Cu, 1.5% Zn, 0.2 g/t Au & 4.9 g/t Ag incl. 10m @ 3.9% Cu, 0.4% Zn, 0.3 g/t Au & 6.9 g/t Au.
- Results point towards a potential increase in copper grade within the higher-grade portions of the existing Inferred Mineral Resource although additional drilling is required to see if this trend can be extrapolated throughout the deposit.
- New diamond drill holes also define discrete zones of high-grade zinc within the copper rich intervals noted above. These zones were not identified in the historic resource drilling, and include:
- ZDCDD002 – 4m @ 4.7% Cu, 6.1% Zn, 1.2 g/t Au & 9.8 g/t Ag,
- ZDCDD003 – 10m @ 1.8% Cu, 4.2% Zn, 0.2 g/t Au & 5.4 g/t Ag.
- This drilling is part of a broader plan to build upon this JORC resource and add others to the Develin Creek copper-zinc volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) inventory.
- Both this drilling and the recently released geophysical targets provide strong justification for continued drill evaluation.
- A larger scale drill program is now being compiled and priced. The program will have key aims of infill drilling the high-grade copper zones at the Sulphide City resource area as well as testing the four high-quality near resource and four high conviction regional targets outlined in the recent ASX release dated 28-Jun-21.
Commenting on the new Develin Creek developments Chairman Peter Bird said:
“Develin Creek is a large-scale VMS style copper – base metals system with a pre-existing JORC Resource at the northern end of the property (Sulphide City). The property extends for some 50km south of this Resource. The purpose of this short program was to validate mineralisation encompassed within the preexisting resource at Sulphide City. This has been achieved but given the strong and much higher grades in holes ZDCDD002 & ZDCDD003 there is potential to expand upon what is already defined. More drilling and the recent geophysical targeting will both be valuable contributors to the process”