BMG Resources Limited (ASX: BMG) (BMG or the Company) is pleased to advise that the 2,000m diamond drilling (DD) component of the current 6,000m RC/ DD program at the Company’s 100% owned Abercromby Gold Project in the Wiluna greenstone belt of Western Australia is underway. The drilling program aims are to test the high-grade zones at Capital and test deeper extensions of the high-grade orebody.
- The 2,000m diamond drilling (DD) program at BMG’s high grade Abercromby Gold Project in the Wiluna greenstone belt of Western Australia has commenced.
- The program is part of a 6,000m combined RC/ DD program (4,000m of RC completed – refer ASX release 19 October 2021).
- The nine hole DD component will test deeper extensions of the high-grade orebody and complete certain RC holes in high-grade zones at Capital that were terminated early due to water ingress.
- Assays are anticipated to be available during December and into the New Year.
The DD component will complete five RC holes (including one hole from the 2020 drill program) that were terminated early due to water ingress, with the remaining holes testing the down dip and deeper continuity of the known mineralisation up to 500m below surface.
Areas to be tested at depth include the zones of thick, high-grade mineralisation already identified at deeper levels by the following significant intersections:
- 26m @ 6.07 g/t Au from 192m including 7m @ 21.22 g/t Au from 192m (20ABRC0004)
- 37m @ 1.70 g/t Au from 127m including 3m @ 15.29 g/t Au from 157m (20ABRC0008)
- 37m @ 2.58g/t Au from 144m including 8m @ 8.1g/t Au from 173m (20ABRC0010)
- 36m @ 1.30g/t from 232m including 8m @ 2.94g/t from 252m (21ABRC004)
For further details of these intersections and the RC drilling already completed refer to the ASX releases dated 19 October 2021 ‘BMG Reports Further High-Grade Gold At Abercromby As Diamond Drilling Commences’ and 9 March 2021 ‘Excellent New High-Grade Gold Intercepts At Abercromby’.
The DD is expected to be completed in late November/ early December, with the first assays available in early December.
BMG Managing Director Bruce McCracken said:
“We’re pleased to see this next stage of our major 6,000m drilling program get underway at Abercromby.
“We look forward to seeing the results of the diamond drilling in the coming months, which will be key to formulating our 2022 plans for the Project.”