West Australian gold explorer BMG Resources Limited (ASX: BMG) is pleased to advise that the next phase of drilling has commenced at the Company’s 100% owned Abercromby Gold Project in the north-eastern goldfields of WA.
- Drilling has commenced at BMG’s high-grade Abercromby Gold Project in the north-eastern Goldfields of Western Australia.
- This follows the successful program in December 2020 and will focus on extension holes and infill drilling at the Capital Prospect, where wide intervals of high-grade gold have already been intersected.
- Drilling will also include the initial testing of exciting new SAM geophysical targets.
- 6,000m of drilling is planned, with initial assays anticipated in late August/early September.
Abercromby is one of BMG’s three highly prospective, 100%-owned gold exploration projects in the Tier 1 mining jurisdiction of Western Australia. BMG’s other projects are Invincible in the Central Pilbara and South Boddington in the State’s Southwest.
The program comprises some 6,000m of planned drilling combined across eighteen diamond and reverse circulation (RC) holes, designed to further test the nature and continuity of known high-grade gold mineralisation at the Capital Prospect.
Drilling to date has recognised a number of gold zones or lodes at Capital with multiple thick highgrade gold intersections that include:
- 57.5m @ 5.73g/t Au from 80m
- 30m @ 10.01g/t Au from 164m
- 26m @ 6.07g/t Au from 192m
- 36m @ 4.33g/t Au from 100m
- 16m @ 3.64g/t Au from 82m
- 37m @ 2.58 g/t Au from 144m.
Mineralisation in these gold zones is interpreted to be open in all directions with potential extensions to the north, south and at depth being of priority interest. For further details on these drill results, see our ASX Release dated 9 March 2021 ‘Excellent New High-Grade Gold Intercepts at Abercromby’.
BMG Managing Director Bruce McCracken said:
“We’re very excited to be getting back out at Abercromby with this major, important field work that follows our maiden drilling campaign in December 2020.
“This 6,000m drilling program has been made possible thanks to our recently completed $4 million capital raising, so I would like to take this opportunity once again to thank our investors for their participation and confidence in BMG.
“We look forward to bolstering our understanding of Abercromby through this campaign and to update the market as our results come to hand.”