West Australian gold explorer BMG Resources Limited (ASX: BMG) reported that it has received all assay results from the drill program completed last December at the company’s 100%-owned Abercromby Gold Project, south of Wiluna in the north-eastern Goldfields.
- Final batch of assays received from BMG’s initial drilling campaign at Abercromby Gold Project.
- Assays include exceptional results to confirm gold mineralisation across broad zones and down-dip continuity that remains open.
- Very wide intersections of gold mineralisation often containing thick high-grade intervals including:
- 26m @ 6.07 g/t Au from 192m, including 7m @ 21.22 g/t Au from 192m (20ABRC0004)*
- 16m @ 3.64 g/t Au from 82m, including 3m @ 14.38 g/t Au from 83m (20ABRC0004)
- 33m @ 1.7 g/t Au from 127m, including 3m @ 15.29 g/t Au from 157m (20ABRC0008)*
- 37m @ 2.58 g/t Au from 144m including 8m @ 8.1 g/t Au from 173m (20ABRC0010)
- 5m @ 5.86 g/t Au from 42m including 2m @ 10.83 g/t Au from 42m (20ABRC0010)
- 8m @ 2.72 g/t Au from 32m and 2m @ 4.37 g/t Au from 107m (20ABRCD0003)
- 59m @ 0.86 g/t Au from 156m, including 7m @ 3.33 g/t Au from 173m (20ABRC0006)*
- 2.7m @ 6.54 g/t Au from 215.3m (20ABRCD0003)
- 12m @ 2.56 g/t Au from 25m including 2m @ 4.87 g/t Au from 25m (20ABRC0001)
- Two broad gold lodes confirmed – Western and Eastern lodes, with additional gold lodes emerging.
- Structural controls for high-grade zones identified with further high-grade zones considered highly likely.
- Major follow-up drill program being planned * Reported previously in ASX release dated 21 Jan 2021.
Abercromby is one of BMG’s three highly prospective, 100%-owned gold exploration projects in the Tier 1 mining jurisdiction of Western Australia. BMG’s other projects are Invincible in the Central Pilbara and South Boddington in the State’s South West.
BMG’s maiden drill program at Abercromby was the first to be conducted at the project in more than 15 years. The program was designed to test the nature and continuity of known mineralisation at the Capital Prospect, where multiple thick and high-grade gold intersections were reported by previous explorers. A total of 13 drill holes was completed by BMG with 635m of diamond and 2,246m of reverse circulation (RC) drilling. A further eight planned drill holes were not completed because of time constraints but will be added to this year’s major upcoming drill campaign.
Assays for the drill program have confirmed broad gold zones at Abercromby with very wide intersections of gold mineralisation including multiple intervals of bonanza grades.
BMG Managing Director Bruce McCracken said:
“These drill results demonstrate the quality of the mineral system at Abercromby with intersections displaying width and grade that supports the presence of a significant volume of gold mineralisation.
“Drilling has identified two high-grade gold lodes at the Capital Prospect with indications that repetitions are likely. The deeper diamond holes have shown continuity at depth which remains open.
“These are great results from only a small drill program at a project that has been in our possession for less than 6 months. We look forward to launching a major drill program in 2021 to fully scope the significant gold potential at Abercromby.”