Western Australian gold explorer BMG Resources Limited (ASX: BMG) has provided shareholders with its quarterly activities report for the three months to 31 December 2021.
BMG is the 100% owner of three highly prospective gold exploration projects in Tier 1 mining jurisdictions – the Abercromby Gold Project in Wiluna, the Invincible Gold Project in the Central Pilbara and the South Boddington Gold Project in the Boddington region of Western Australia.
During the three months to 31 December, BMG was primarily focused on undertaking major drill programs and other exploration initiatives at its 100% owned Abercromby Gold Project in WA. The results of these programs continue to increase confidence for the presence of significant open-pittable high-grade gold mineralisation at the Project.
- 24-hole, 4,095m reverse circulation (RC) drilling program completed at Abercromby with a number of very wide gold intercepts, punctuated by some very high grades confirmed by assays:
- 6m @ 19.8gpt from 83m (21ABRC007), incl 1m @ 100.39gpt from 83m
- 34m @ 1.26gpt Au from 143m (21ABRC007)
- 5m @ 3.97gpt Au from 238m (21ABRC007)
- 60m @ 1.46gpt Au from 127m (21ABRC005), incl 19m @ 2.87gpt from 159m
- 50m @ 1.08gpt Au from 101m (21ABRC003), incl 4m @ 8.61gpt from 123m
- 33m @ 1.38gpt Au from 233m (21ABRC004), incl 12m @ 2.47gpt from 250m
- 35m @ 1.07gpt Au from 19m (21ABRC019), incl 13m @ 1.98gpt from 39m
- 2m @ 6.47gpt from 80m (21ABRC019)
- 25m @ 1.15gpt Au from 218m (21ABRC006), incl 9m @ 1.99gpt from 223m
- c.6,750m RC/ diamond drilling (DD) program at Abercromby Gold Project continues.
- ~1,100m of ~2,750m DD program drilled, and expected to be fully completed by March 2022.
- Field observations of DD indicate multiple thick intersections of alteration consistent with previously drilled mineralised lodes, punctuated by intensely altered zones; assays expected in February 2022.
- Sub-audio Magnetic (SAM) geophysical survey identified high priority targets extending to the south of Abercromby; to be tested in early 2022 with 12,000m aircore program.