ChemX Materials (ASX:CMX) (ChemX or the Company), a materials technology company focused on providing critical materials required for electrification and decarbonisation, is pleased to present its June 2022 Quarterly Activities report.
- Achieved 99.7% manganese sulphate purity in initial testwork program from samples taken at Jamieson Tank deposit, South Australia.
- Marketing and Advisory Agreement entered with Amvest Capital Inc. in the USA.
- Appointment of Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Outstanding rare earths elements (REE) assays from Eyre Peninsula projects, South Australia.
- Loyalty Options Offer to shareholders oversubscribed.
- High Purity Alumina (HPA) Micro Plant initial commissioning completed with optimisation progressed.
The Company is developing its HiPurATM High Purity Alumina (HPA) Project in Perth, Western Australia and has two projects on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia – the Kimba Kaolin / Rare Earth Elements (REE) Project and the Jamieson Tank Manganese Project.
During the quarter, ChemX made significant progress in the commissioning of its High Purity Alumina Micro Plant in Perth and continues to optimise the process design, equipment modifications and scale.
At the Company’s Jamieson Tank Manganese project in South Australia, outstanding testwork results showed high manganese sulphate purity could be achieved with the chosen flowsheet, giving confidence that manganese from the Jamieson Tank project is well suited for further processing into high purity manganese sulphate monohydrate (HPMSM) to be used in lithium battery cathodes.
ChemX reported10 outstanding results from an initial batch of reconnaissance REE assays, which were returned from air core drilling across the Eyre Peninsula tenements, highlighting the prospectivity of the tenements for ionically adsorbed REE.
ChemX Managing Director David Leavy commented: “It has been a busy and very productive quarter for ChemX as we have made good progress across all our projects. We appointed a highly credentialled and experienced Chief Operating Officer and rewarded shareholders with the Loyalty Options Offer, which was completed post the end of the June quarter with a very high level of support. We look forward to reporting further progress on the HiPurATM HPA Micro Plant the HiPurATM Pilot Plant Prefeasibility Study (PFS), and the two South Australian projects in due course.”