Dreadnought Resources Limited (“Dreadnought”) (ASX: DRE) is pleased to announce that RC drilling has commenced at the Illaara Project in the Yilgarn Region of Western Australia.
- RC drilling has commenced at Illaara with a total of 56 holes planned for ~6,355m at the Nelson, Trafalgar, Spitfire, Kings and Metzke’s Find prospects.
- Drilling commenced at Nelson prospect (6 holes, 1,180m), to test each of the 6 strong Fixed Loop EM (“FLEM”) conductors coincident with Cu-Pb-Zn-Ag and pathfinder soil anomalies.
- Drilling is expected to take 4-6 weeks to complete with assay and Down hole EM (“DHEM”) results throughout April – June 2022.
- Target generation work has also commenced over the Peggy Sue LCT pegmatite swarm and the Central Komatiite Belt to respectively define drill targets for lithium and nickel by June 2022.
Drilling has commenced at the Nelson Cu-Pb-Zn-Ag prospect (6 holes, 1,180m) where six strong FLEM anomalies were recently defined coincident with Cu-Pb-Zn-Ag and VMS pathfindersin soil anomalies. Drilling will then test coincident FLEM and magnetic anomalies at the Trafalgar Cu-Pb-Zn-Ag prospect (3 holes, 750m). Once initial drilling is complete at Nelson and Trafalgar, DHEM will be undertaken with results expected in April/May 2022.
The rig will then move to test the continuation of iron ore undercover at the King’s prospect (12 holes, 960m), before maiden drilling at the Spitfire Au prospect (17 holes, 2,500m) and shallow Resource drilling at Metzke’s Find Au (18 holes, 965m). Results for this drilling are expected by May/June 2022 with a maiden JORC Resource for Metzke’s Find by June/July 2022.
Dreadnought’s Managing Director, Dean Tuck, commented: “Dreadnought is excited to commence the 2022 exploration program at Illaara. This programme is multifaceted and will:
- Deliver Dreadnought’s first JORC Resource from the high-grade Metzke’s Find gold prospect.
- Test the continuation of high-grade iron ore undercover at Kings which is located near existing iron ore mining infrastructure.
- Test a dozen base metal VMS and Au targets with significant discovery potential.
- Generate and define drill targets for LCT pegmatites at the Peggy Sue pegmatite swarm.
- Evaluate the Central Komatiite for nickel sulphide potential.”