- Phase 2 drilling has re-commenced at Yandal West Gold Project with a further 1,500m of RC drilling planned
- The drilling will comprise:
- The continuation of step out drilling along broadly spaced lines to extend known areas of gold mineralisation;
- Test further structural targets off strike; and
- An infill line to provide holes for trailing downhole geophysical surveys including Optical and Acoustic Televiewer Imagery (OTV and ATV).
- Structural logging study planned using the geophysical downhole data
- Further RC drilling is currently being planned in addition to the current drilling
- Diamond drilling will also be completed once the OTV trail is completed and results assessed
Great Western Exploration Limited (“the Company”; “Great Western”) [ASX: GTE] is pleased to announce that following delays due to high rainfall, Phase 2 RC drilling at the Company’s exciting new Gold discovery at the Yandal West Gold Project has resumed.
A further 1,250m of RC drilling has commenced at the May Queen prospect where Great Western recently announced the discovery of a potentially large gold system (ASX Release: 30/11/2017) with high-grade gold lodes at Yandal West (ASX Release: 30/01/2018).