West Australian gold company Focus Minerals (ASX: FML) spent much of the March Quarter advancing the Coolgardie Gold Project, in line with the previously announced plan to resume gold mining operations. At the Laverton Gold Project, the main focus was to continue to increase the project’s overall Mineral Resource base.
- Scope of works for Coolgardie mill refurbishment finalised with a refined cost estimate close to being finalised;
- Completion of optimisation of Greenfields open pit design at Coolgardie to support the already submitted mine proposal;
- Big Blow open pit design, also at Coolgardie, completed and baseline surveys progressed;
- Low-grade stockpiles assessed for input into updated mine plan;
- Progress with optimisation of 2020 PFS mine plans;
- Brilliant South Mineral Resource, at Coolgardie, increased by 29%; and
- At Laverton, maiden Lancefield Far North Mineral Resource estimate and Beasley Creek South Mineral Resource updated.
Focus ended the quarter with $23.9 million of cash.