Gold Road Resources (ASX: GOR) discoverer and 50% owner of the world-class Gruyere gold project in Western Australia, is making strong progress exploring its Yamarna Greenstone Belt tenements surrounding Gruyere. The exploration program is focused on defining new targets with aircore, testing areas that have received little exploration to date, while advancing existing targets with RC and diamond drilling in Yamarna’s Southern Project Area.
The latest round of drilling results delivered high grades at the Smokebush prospect and the newly identified Abydos target including:
- 3.95 metres at 10.17 g/t Au from 347.35 metres.
- 23.20 metres at 2.52 g/t Au from 221.80 metres and 17.00 metres at 5.74 g/t Au from 279.50 metres.
- 4 metres at 13.66 g/t Au from 72 metres.
- 26 metres at 1.59 g/t Au from 71 metres and 9 metres at 3.60 g/t Au from 128 metres.
- 15 metres at 3.06 g/t Au from 201 metres.
- 6 metres at 3.84 g/t Au from 102 metres.
Gold Road has increased the size of its 2021 exploration budget from $27 million to $33 million, with a new target to drill 190,000 metres this year.