Well‐funded mid‐tier gold development and exploration company Gold Road Resources (ASX: GOR) has released upbeat diamond and reverse circulation assay results from exploration programs.
Well‐funded mid‐tier gold development and exploration company Gold Road Resources (ASX: GOR) reports positive diamond and reverse circulation assay results from exploration programs.
Yamarna Project (100% Gold Road)
Southern Project Area – Milestone 3 Projects
· Gilmour: Results from drilling designed to support an evaluation of a Maiden Mineral Resource include 2.06 metres at 12.40 g/t Au from 357.2 metres (19WDDD0046)1 and 4 metres at 4.96 g/t Au from 199 metres (19WDRC0239)
· Gilmour: Initial metallurgical test‐work2 indicates potential recoveries, ranging from 89% to 99% with 28% to 82% of the gold recovered by gravity separation
· Morello: Results from drilling included 7 metres at 3.59 g/t Au from 167 metres (19WDRC0221) and 3 metres at 6.80 g/t Au from 123 metres (19WDRC0214) defining potential new high‐grade shoots for further testing
Northern Project Area – Milestone 2 Projects
Encouraging first pass bedrock diamond drilling results included:
· Brahman: 2.5 metres at 1.20 g/t Au from 126.5 metres (18SRDD0012)
· Bloodwood: 1.7 metres at 3.29 g/t Au from 114 metres (18CWDD0028)
Gruyere JV (50% Gold Road)
Central Project Area – Milestone 4 Project
Diamond drilling is in progress at Gruyere to enable further optimisation of the mine plan and infrastructure through extension of Indicated classified mineralisation below the current life‐of‐ mine open pit design.
Gold Road Executive Director ‐ Exploration & Growth Justin Osborne commented: “Our first drilling for 2019 has given us a greater understanding on the geological controls to economic gold mineralisation on the Gilmour and Morello prospects which we are now applying to make further discoveries along the same trend.
“At Morello we identified several potential shoots to be assessed with further drilling. We are embarking on a new drilling programme at Gruyere to allow us to further optimise and increase the near term value to be delivered from the mine as we edge closer to our initial gold pour and subsequent commercial production.”