NRW Holdings Limited (ASX: NWH) subsidiary Golding Contractors has been awarded a contract by BHP Mitsubishi Alliance for civil works at the Blackwater Mine in Queensland, with the value of the work estimated at $35 million.
The scope of works to be undertaken includes:
· Establishing alternate access for heavy vehicles outside of the mining footprint;
· Providing civil infrastructure to enable the relocation of a communication mast;
· Relocating critical mine infrastructure (HDPE pipeline, high voltage power lines, fibre optic cable).
· Constructing the drainage structure, to remove water flows from the proposed mining area, into an existing creek system; and
· Providing flood protection (levees) for the new and existing mining pits.
· Approx.1,200,000m³ of earthworks, 4km of HDPE pipelines, 22km of fibre-optic cabling, and 21km of overhead cabling.
The works have an approximate value of $35 million and contract completion is anticipated to be in January 2021.
Commenting on the award, NRW’s CEO and Managing Director Jules Pemberton stated that it was pleasing to be awarded this contract following work secured in July for the same client at Goonyella, with a value of circa $34 million. Those works, also being undertaken by Golding include approximately 950,000m³ of earthworks and ten kilometers of new pipework, with completion scheduled in August 2020.