19 June 2018
New EM Conductors Ready for Drilling at Mt Alexander
- Four new electromagnetic (EM) conductors identified at the Investigators Prospect from downhole EM (DHEM) surveys
- All four DHEM conductors – MAD98:X1, MAD100:X1, MAD100:X2 and MAD101:X1 – are ready for drilling • DHEM conductor MAD98:X1 is an outstanding target for massive nickel-copper sulphides:
- thickness/conductivity of 67,000 Siemens
- located down-dip from the significant intersection in MAD60 of 5.3m @ 4.95%Ni, 2.75%Cu, 0.16%Co and 4.55g/t total PGEs from 157.9m
- ·Diamond drill programme to test the DHEM conductors will commence shortly
Emerging West Australian nickel company St George Mining Limited (ASX: SGQ) (“St George” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce new EM targets which are ready to be drilled at the Investigators Prospect.
The Investigators Prospect is the largest of the three prospects in the Cathedrals Belt at the Mt Alexander Project, and covers an east-west strike of more than 1,300m. Figure 1 is a plan view map of Investigators and shows multiple intersections of nickel-copper sulphides set against a large surface SAMSON EM signature.
The intersections of high-grade mineralisation to date at Investigators do not fully account for the expansive EM signature. The new DHEM conductors are considered excellent targets for the identification of further massive nickel-copper sulphide mineralisation.
Figure 2 is a long section of Investigators and highlights the +1%Ni mineralisation over a part of Investigators with a 1,000m strike.
There are large areas between the significant intersections of mineralisation that are undrilled with potential to host further ultramafic with nickel-copper sulphides. There is also potential for additional mineralisation at depth with very limited drilling beyond 200m to test for potential repetitions and/or extensions of the mineralised ultramafic.
Figure 3 is a schematic cross section of the MAD60 line at Investigators. The mineralisation is interpreted to potentially extend down plunge to the north-west. The very strong DHEM conductor MAD98:X1 is located in this high priority target area and will be tested when drilling re-commences at Mt Alexander shortly.
St George Mining Executive Chairman, John Prineas said:
“We are excited to have four high quality EM targets ready to be drilled at Investigators.
“These strong DHEM conductors are along strike or down dip from known zones of high-grade mineralisation and present as excellent targets to extend the area of nickel-copper sulphide mineralisation at Investigators.”