West Australian gold exploration and development company, Rox Resources (ASX: RXL) today announced that further reverse circulation (RC) drilling has commenced at the Mt Fisher gold project in WA.
- RC drilling has resumed at the Damsel Prospect, Mt Fisher to follow up on recently reported exceptional results including:
- MFRC081: 18m @ 6.99g/t Au from 69m, including 10m @ 10.27g/t Au from 74m at the Damsel Prospect
- MFRC079: 2m @ 4.16g/t Au from 94m and 24m @ 1.22g/t Au from 112m, including 4m @ 3.67g/t Au from 120m at the Damsel Prospect
- High-grade component of the Damsel Prospect to be drilled out to support resource estimation
- Mineralisation is open down dip and down plunge
The Mt Fisher gold project is located in the Northern Goldfields, approximately 500km northeast of Kalgoorlie (about 120km east of Wiluna) within the Mt Fisher greenstone belt.
This belt is located 40km east of the prolific Yandal greenstone belt, host of significant gold deposits including Jundee, Bronzewing and Mt McClure.
Rox’s tenure covers a large area over the Mt Fisher greenstone belt (850km² in total, comprising: Rox 100% 500km², and Cullen Resources JV 350km²).
Under the Cullen JV, Rox is earning up to 75%, with Cullen Resources Limited holding the remaining 25%. An RC program of 16 holes for approximately 2,000m has commenced at the Damsel Prospect on Rox 100% owned tenure.
The program will follow up on results announced in April 2022 where drilling intersected a thick shallow zone of high gold grades in MFRC081 (18m @ 6.99g/t Au from 69m, including 10m @ 10.27g/t Au from 74m), identifying a potential shallow highgrade north plunge ore shoot.
The current drill program will test down dip and down plunge of MFRC081 and infill drill spacing to 40m with the aim of evaluating the strike and dip continuity of the high-grade mineralisation.
Managing Director Alex Passmore said, “Following the high-grade results recently reported from the Damsel Prospect at Mt Fisher the project has been elevated in priority within the company. We look forward to drilling out this potential new high-grade lode at the project.
“Damsel is located within a 1 km long gold anomaly showing grades greater than 1 g/t Au. This area is part of a broader 7km long gold anomaly (>0.2g/t Au). Gold anomalism of this scale has the potential to reflect a large primary gold system.”