West Australian focused gold exploration and development company, Rox Resources (ASX: RXL) has reported that follow up drilling at the new hanging-wall lode ‘Midway’ has confirmed at least 160 metres of plunge continuity.
- New high-grade intersections 160m up plunge of discovery drillhole (RXDD022) include: RXRC449: 8m @ 5.1g/t Au from 212m including 4m @ 9.45g/t Au from 212m and 4m @ 6.03g/t Au from 140m
- Previously released high-grade intersections from Midway include:
- RXDD022: 4m @ 45.5g/t Au from 341m, including 1.33m @ 129.3g/t Au from 341.75m (ASX: RXL 06/09/2021)
- RXDD046: 3.87m @ 9.9g/t Au from 328.33m, including 2.45m @ 15.02 g/t Au from 328.8m (ASX: RXL 18/11/2021)
- RXDD045: 3.62m @ 6.49g/t Au from 315.42m, including 0.86m @ 21.03g/t Au from 315.42m (ASX: RXL 18/11/2021)
- The Midway lode remains open down dip and along strike. Follow up drilling is planned to incorporate the new highgrade lode into the Youanmi gold project resource
The highlights of this round of results include 8m @ 5.1g/t Au from 212m including 4m @ 9.45g/t Au from 212m and 4m @ 6.03g/t Au from 140m intersected in RXRC449 and 0.78m @ 32.98g/t Au from 256.3m intersected in RXDD046. The results continue to define the continuity of the recently discovered high-grade Midway Lode in the historically underexplored hanging-wall area 300m south of the Youanmi Mine.
Managing Director Alex Passmore commented:
“These results from Midway extend the known extent of the lode significantly up plunge and demonstrate good continuity. This prospect has strong potential for contributing additional ounces to the overall project resource, and highlights the potential for new high-grade lodes in a previously untested area. We look forward to drilling out the interpreted oxide zone at surface which may contribute to the early part of mine plan.”