Growth-focused Western Australian nickel company St George Mining Limited (St George) is pleased to provide an update of exploration activities underway at its flagship highgrade Mt Alexander Project, located in the north-eastern Goldfields.
DRILLING AT NEW CARNAC PROSPECT CONFIRMS PROSPECTIVE INTRUSIVE UNIT AS SOURCE OF STRONG EAST-WEST ORIENTED LINEAR MAGNETIC TREND:
- Maiden reverse circulation (RC) drilling at the Carnac Prospect on E29/1041 (100% St George) has intersected a number of mafic-ultramafic horizons up to 85m thick.
- Mafic-ultramafic rocks at Carnac are analogous to the intrusive-host unit at the Cathedrals Belt where significant nickel-copper sulphides have been discovered.
- Further exploration activity will be planned for Carnac once laboratory assays from the current drilling are received
DRILLING AT JAILBREAK PROSPECT INTERSECTS THICK ULTRAMAFIC:
- Maiden RC drilling at the Jailbreak Prospect on E29/962 (100% St George) has intersected komatiite ultramafics up to 270m thick.
- All completed drill holes intersected the ultramafic horizon, establishing a large search area that is prospective for nickel sulphides.
- Downhole EM (DHEM) surveys are planned for Jailbreak, followed by further drilling.
SEISMIC SURVEY IS UNDERWAY:
- First ever seismic survey at the Cathedrals Belt has commenced.
- Survey will focus on mapping the intrusive horizon at the West End Prospect and the western section of the Investigators Prospect up to depths of 1.5km.
- Survey data will assist to generate additional targets for the upcoming diamond drill programme.
DIAMOND DRILL RIGS SECURED:
- A diamond drill rig is scheduled to arrive at Mt Alexander later this month to drill nickelcopper sulphide targets at West End and Investigators.
- A second diamond drill rig is scheduled to arrive at St George’s 100%-owned Paterson Project in early October to undertake deep drilling of priority copper-gold targets.
John Prineas, St George Mining’s Executive Chairman, said:
“Early results from the RC drilling at Mt Alexander are very promising with multiple prospects emerging that look highly prospective for more significant nickel discoveries.
“The geology encountered in the drilling at the Carnac and Jailbreak prospects fits the respective geological models that we are targeting in these areas.
> “The thickness of the prospective units intersected at both Carnac and Jailbreak is very impressive and provide a significant search horizon for potential nickel sulphide mineralisation.
“We look forward to progressing our systematic exploration of these prospects which are located within our 100%-owned tenements at Mt Alexander.”