Growth‐focused Western Australian nickel company St George Mining (ASX: SGQ) has provided its quarterly activities report for the three months to June, a period which saw the company complete a major RC drilling program at its Mt Alexander nickel project.
· Major Reverse Circulation (RC) drill programme completed at Mt Alexander
· Numerous intersections of high-grade nickel copper sulphides at shallow depths
· Downhole electromagnetic (DHEM) surveys used concurrently with drilling to identify numerous strong off-hole EM conductors
· 42 new EM conductors prioritised and scheduled for drilling in Q3 2019
· Strong nickel-copper in soils anomaly identified at the Fish Hook Prospect, part of the underexplored 8,000m eastern extension of the Cathedrals Belt
· Results at Fish Hook confirm the presence of potentially mineralised ultramafic intrusions, significantly expanding the discovery footprint of the Cathedrals Belt
Extensive field programmes – including diamond drilling, RC drilling and a range of EM surveys – are planned to commence in Q3 2019