St George Mining Limited (ASX: SGQ) is pleased to present its Quarterly Activities Report for the quarterly period ended 30 September 2021.
MT ALEXANDER PROJECT
FIELD OF ELECTROMAGNETIC (EM) CONDUCTORS:
- Multiple off-hole EM conductors identified at the Investigators and West End Prospects, supporting the potential for a significant volume of mineralisation in this area.
- Latest EM conductor identified is from the downhole EM (DHEM) survey in MAD202 and modelled with exceptionally strong conductivity of 81,000 Siemens.
- Diamond drilling of EM targets now underway.
24/7 ASSAYS CONFIRM 125M DOWN-PLUNGE EXTENT OF MAD199 DISCOVERY:
- Assays for MAD201, the first step-out hole from MAD199, confirm massive nickel-copper sulphides intersected 125m below the MAD199 discovery.
- Multiple strong off-hole EM conductors identified from MAD199 and MAD201, indicating the presence of more sulphide mineralisation around these holes.
MAIDEN DRILLING OF REGIONAL TARGETS:
- Drilling completed at the Carnac and Jailbreak Prospects – both owned 100% by St George.
- Very encouraging results, with geology encountered supporting prospectivity for nickelcopper sulphide mineralisation.
SEISMIC SURVEY COMPLETED:
- First-ever seismic survey at the Cathedrals Belt completed over Investigators and West End with results pending.
- Survey will map the orientation of the intrusive-host structure at depth, assisting with drill hole design for deeper targets.
- Successful geochemical drill programme with elevated levels of pathfinder elements for base metals and gold intersected in basement rocks at St George’ 100% owned tenement E45/5226.
- Ground gravity survey completed over St George’s second 100% owned tenement – E45/5422 – as well as infill areas of E45/5226, with results pending.
- Airborne electromagnetic (VTEM) survey over the key stratigraphy within E45/5226 scheduled for October.
- Diamond drilling planned to follow up high-priority areas of interest.
CORPORATE – NEW LOOK TECHNICAL TEAM
- Dave Mahon, experienced specialist nickel sulphide geologist who has supervised exploration programmes at our Mt Alexander and Paterson Projects, promoted to Exploration Manager and leader of St George’s technical team.
- Two new project geologists employed full-time to support continuous exploration at the Company’s projects.
- Charles Wilkinson, industry leading nickel specialist and former General Manager – Exploration at Western Areas, continues as St George’s Technical Consultant.