Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) has reported a new zinc-lead-silver sulphide discovery at the Earaheedy Joint Venture zinc project in Western Australia, where Zenith retains a 25% free carried interest to the end of a bankable feasibility study. The discovery adds significant upside to the project as it confirms the highly prospective nature of the project ground.
- A new zinc-lead-silver (Zn-Pb-Ag) sulphide discovery adds significant upside to the Earaheedy Joint Venture zinc project in Western Australia, where Zenith retains a 25% free carried interest to the end of a bankable feasibility study.
- A new zone of flat lying Zn-Pb-Ag mineralisation at Tonka has been discovered 8km southeast of the Chinook Zn-Pb-Ag discovery, during exploration drilling testing the wider potential of the joint venture ground. Key attributes of Tonka include:
- A new mineralised zone has been intersected on one key drill section and in sparse step-out drilling, covering an initial footprint of 1.7km x 1km, remining open in all directions.
- Mineralisation style is flat lying near surface – like that at the Chinook ZnPb-Ag discovery, where drilling is ongoing.
- Results include:
- 22m @ 4.27% Zn+Pb, 5.4 g/t Ag from 110m
- 10m @ 3.93% Zn+Pb, 4.34g/t Ag from 84m
- 5m @ 5.03% Zn+Pb, 9.74g/t Ag from 101m.
- The overall 2021 joint venture program has been expanded to 50,000m of drilling, which will include further scoping of the new Tonka Zn-Pb-Ag discovery.
- For further details of this discovery refer to the Rumble ASX Release appended to this announcement.
Commenting on the metallurgical testwork, CEO Michael Clifford said:
“I am very pleased to report of ongoing exploration drilling success at Earaheedy. A new Zn-Pb-Ag discovery at Tonka, in regional exploration drilling, confirms the highly prospective nature of the Earaheedy Joint Venture ground. The success to date has resulted in a further expansion of the 2021 drill campaign to 50,000m.
I am also looking forward to announcing further assay results from the ongoing drilling program, as they come to hand over the coming weeks.”