Western Australian gold explorer BMG Resources Limited (ASX: BMG) has advised that the next phase of drilling has commenced at the Company’s 100% owned Abercromby Gold Project in the north-eastern goldfields of WA, following the recent completion of highly successful diamond and aircore programs.
- Drilling has re-commenced at BMG’s Abercromby Gold Project in the north-eastern Goldfields of Western Australia
- Campaign will focus on resource definition with infill drilling and extension holes at the Capital Prospect, together with follow-up drilling of three large gold anomalies
- c.4,000m of diamond drilling at Capital is planned, together with c.7,500m of aircore drilling to the south
- Follows the highly successful diamond and aircore programs completed in March 2022
- BMG’s put-option to divest its interest in Cyprus for $2m triggers this month, with payment due prior to the end of the month
This program encompasses some 11,500m of planned drilling over the next 10 weeks, with diamond drilling (DD) at the Capital Prospect to comprise c.4,000m, and aircore drilling (AC) to the south estimated at c.7,500m.
The DD program is aimed at resource definition and extension holes, including a 650m replacement for 21ABDD004 which suffered terminal drill rod failure at 360m, prior to the targeted depth to test the extension of the West Lode.
The AC drilling will target the three large gold anomalies identified by the recent sub-audio magnetics and aircore drilling, in the southern extension of the mineralisation at Abercromby.
This follows the completion of RC, DD and AC drilling at Abercromby in recent weeks – refer ASX results announcements on 26 April 2022 “Assays Confirm Significant Extensions of High-Grade Gold at Abercromby Project” and 2 May 2022 “Aircore Highlights Significant Regional Gold Potential at Abercromby”.
BMG Managing Director Bruce McCracken said:
“We’re very excited by the success or our recent drilling at Abercromby, as it has paved the way for this rapid follow-up campaign.
“These programs will continue to delineate the significant high-grade orebody at Capital as we progress towards maiden resource definition, and test the large gold anomalies to the south identified by recent SAM and aircore drilling.
“We look forward to updating investors as our drilling progress continues and results come to hand.”
The Company has engaged Australian Air Core Pty Ltd (AAC) to undertake the AC program and Boart Longyear to undertake the DD program. An AAC rig mobilised to site this week and has commenced AC drilling, which is expected to take around 3 weeks to complete. Boart Longyear is scheduled to be onsite next week, with the DD program anticipated to take around 10 weeks to complete.